I’ve just watched the season finale for season 1 of Outlander and it was brilliant! So I’ve put together a quick list of some things I love about this show so far:
- Claire–she’s a very strong-headed, stubborn woman but she’s also a staunch feminist and gives as good as she gets. She’s not a simpering flower waiting to be rescued, and in fact, she goes to rescue Jamie, her husband at one point because someone has to step up to the plate
- Jamie–okay, okay, so it doesn’t hurt that he’s easy on the eyes, has a sexy accent and has the whole Celtic warrior thing going on, but Jamie is very surprising for a man of his time and has both nobility and courage
- So can we just acknowledge how truly disturbing of a villain “Black Jack” Randall is? Claire’s situation of travelling back in time to meet her husband Frank’s ancestor (and eerie doppelganger) is already fraught with enough tension, but add to that Randall’s “appetites”, shall we say (not to mention his hideous mind games), and you’ve got one truly twisted fellow
- The setting–the Scottish landscape is one of the most beautiful in the world but the way that history plays out with certain events that Claire knows are coming make it all the more interesting
- The gut-wrenching decisions that the characters have to make. The show doesn’t shy away or flinch from showing real pain, which makes it all the richer an experience for viewers.
Do you watch Outlander? Did you watch the season 1 finale? What did you think? Sound off below!